This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website https://scuba-explorers.com and how we retain and protect such personal data.
Who we are
A PADI dive training boutique and travel for small groups and private parties.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Our site is SSL licensed protected and secured by encryption. The data you voluntarily provide is completely locked and secured. In addition, we collect certain data via cookies when you visit our website.
- To gather statistical data to analyze how our visitors use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors as they move from page to page.
We use Google Analytics to monitor our website; it compiles reports from our websites activity. Google is not allowed to use this information for their own purposes.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email and phone numbers);
- Information on your use of the website;
- Personal data used for inquiries;
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
- Any other information that you have provided us (such as whether you would like to receive our newsletter).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below.
How we may use personal data
We may use the data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To provide information, proposals and services to you;
- To analyze how our website is used, such as which pages visitors navigate to, and how long they remain on each page;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and policies.
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services, or to send you information.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade the data you provide us.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long we retain personal data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to processing of your personal data. You may also request us to provide you your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format which can be transmitted to another controller.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
- Moreover, subject to this Privacy Statement, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement on the website or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication, unless otherwise provided in the notification.
How to contact us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.